CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Back On The Cape

We're on the Cape again. Christian came down a day early with Grampy, on Tuesday and had Grammy and Grampy all to himself for an entire 24 hours. He was in heaven. I think that is an understatement! That also means that I had a lot of quality time with Connor and boy did he miss his big brother. They may not always play wonderfully, but I would definitely say that Connor missed Christian. He asked about him often and I think that he's happy to be around him again, even if that means a lot of intervening on my part.

Last night Zac and I went to the Saw Doctors www.sawdoctors.com concert at the Cape Cod Melody Tent. They played an amazing concert. I am thinking that it's about the 10th time that I've seen them over about 10 years, and they never get old. It was Dad's 2nd time. He was actually up in Hyannis getting tickets to a show for tomorrow night and he randomly ran into the band in the parking lot. Go figure his luck....Luck of the Irish??? He went over to them and asked them 'who the Saw Doctors were???' and they told him that they were. Well, once he told them that he saw them back at the Roxy in 2007, they got his joke. They are from Tuam, in Galway, the same town and county that my fathers grandmother was from. Without a doubt, I'd bet they know the family farm. He was upset with himself later on, for not asking them. Anyhow, he bought a pair of tickets and we went off to the show last night. They sold the concert out and it was so much fun! They have such a mix of listeners, old, young, Irish, American it makes for a pretty amazing time. Can't wait for next winters show in Boston.

Today I got to sleep in and when I got up, I put Connor in for a nap. My dad stayed home with him and Christian and I joined my mom at her pool. It was delightful! The water was warm and Christian had himself a blast swimming. When we were done, we stopped for a round of mini-golf at the same place where Christian and I golfed yesterday. He is completely obsessed with mini-golfing these days. He already has plans to do it tomorrow.

We also stopped off at Seagull Beach in Yarmouth for a little while late afternoon today. It was nice. Not too crowded but there was a ton of seaweed on the Nantucket Sound side, like always. I wouldn't have wanted to step foot in that water, the seaweed is just too much. Anyhow, we took a nice walk out to a jetty, then came back. I carried Connor most of the way, so my right arm is quite tired tonight, but it was very peaceful. We collected a lot of shells.

Christian and Brian played for a while tonight before dinner. They rode bikes and then played baseball and tee ball in Brian's yard. They are both quite good hitters. Enough so that I think by next summer, I might not want to pitch the ball to them in fear of getting hit.....hmmm.

Guy has decided to join us down here tomorrow, so we are all looking forward to his visit. He hasn't had much down time this summer. He's been pretty busy. We'll have a lot of fun while he's here. We were going to go to Uncle Kevin's party to see Kevin now that he's back for a visit from FL, but I think we'll have to squeeze in a visit to him sometime this week instead.

We're going blueberry picking in the morning! Should be wonderful and yummy :-)

Treasures:

*Watching Connor stuff seashells into his pockets today at the beach. Grammy taught him where his pockets are.

*Taking the boys to the trampolines.....they absolutely love that!

*Swimming with Christian in the pool today.

*Sleeping In. It's one of my favorite activities :-)

*Getting to see one of my favorite bands live again with my Dad. We both truly enjoyed it.

0 comments: