CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

We've been busy

I am back. I sort of fell off the face of the earth for a number of weeks, but I am finally getting around to posting again. I guess it is just the time of year, everything seems more hectic, we have less free time, and in general, we're just always doing something. Over the past few weeks we've certainly kept ourselves on the go. I was a bit sick with a head cold over Thanksgiving, Connor too. Guy had a touch of it, but nothing like the little man and I. It knocked me out and I was pretty bummed out because I absolutely love that holiday. I love watching the parade, eating lots of good food and seeing some relatives. Anyhow, I spent a bit of the day in bed. Boo hoo.

Guy and I headed down to NYC 2 weekends ago. We had tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and our day trip was quite fun. We crammed a lot into a day. The show was great and we did a lot of window shopping around the city. We walked to Rockefeller Center, up and down 5th Avenue, and over to Times Square. We had lunch at the ESPN Restaurant (Guy's idea, but good) and dinner at a small Tapas Restaurant right on the outskirts of Times Square. It was quite cold, but we picked up these funny little hats along the way.....we were easy to spot thereafter. What a great trip.

I've been teaching a bit more lately on the weekends, and I love spending my free time on the ice. I feel so lucky that I have a job that I love doing. I had Christian on the ice with me on Saturday afternoon. Grampy brought him down to the rink to meet up with me. He did so good. He loves being at one particular rink, and loves watching the Zamboni. Unfortunately for him, the rink manager that we know wasn't there, so he didn't get to go sit on the zamboni, but perhaps next weekend. That manager gave Christian a book (really for adults) last year, all about the history of Zamboni's. It is probably 150 pages, filled with really neat photographs of Zamboni's thru the years, from conception thru today. It's pretty fascinating and he just loves it, looking at all the pictures. He can even tell you lots of facts about certain models/pictures, etc. Add to his future resume: Grampy Cook Conductor Chef Painter Window Washer (like Curious George) and Zamboni Driver. If you ask him what he wants to be when he gets older, that is what he'll tell you. I love that he starts with Grampy....he so badly wants to be like his Grampy.

Yesterday we took the boys down to Edaville Railroad for their Christmas lights festival. We had so much fun, I actually can't wait to do it again next year. Connor was captivated and loved every second of the train ride & wanted so badly to do it again. Christian is getting so brave and he went on many rides after the train ride was finished. We did the ferris wheel, carousel, rockets, tilta whirl (I can't believe that I brought my 5 year old son on that one!) and many other little kid rides. They also loved playing on the stationary trains. I foresee another trip down there this summer for Day Out With Thomas.




Daddy and Christian on the Caterpillar Ride



Connor on a Mini Train

Christian being the driver of the Mini Train

All Aboard!
Daddy and Connor on the Mini Train
Mama and Christian on a play train. Both boys were in their glory!
Guy and I inside Radio City Music Hall
Look at the chandelier above us

Me and a random NYC Christmas decoration

Christian in front of our Christmas Tree




First snowfall of the season. The boys couldn't wait to go out and play. Christian desperately wants to go sledding on the golf course. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough.











Connor continued his nap one day after being carried in from the car.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute pictures. I know the boys had a blast at Edaville and so didn't the adults. It is really a spectacular place to go to in the winter time. Loved the photos of New York too. Looks like you had a great time.

Mom