CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Wish I Could Freeze Time

I wish I could freeze time in certain moments at least. I was gone pretty much all day today, teaching at two rinks. Usually on days like today, Guy has Daddy days with the boys....unless my parents or friends help out. I had a great day on the ice, and returned around 4:30. Guy and the boys were outside doing yard work....at least Guy was. The second that Christian spotted me, his face lit up with an enormous smile ear to ear. He ran towards my car coming up the driveway. Then Connor noticed Christian, then me. He too followed, full speed ahead towards my car with a giant smile, calling "Mama". That's the moment I want to freeze. Complete happiness to see me. Complete happiness at my return. Their smiles were so genuine, so engraved in my mind, I hope I will always remember those 20 seconds.

The rest of our day passed quickly. Bath time for the boys, dinner, a little play time and then bed. Guy and I are fighting off a head cold so we're turning in a little early too & hoping for a good night sleep. I promised him that I'd wake up early tomorrow. Not an easy task for me as I LOVE sleeping in. But it's his turn & he could use it.

I'm hoping that we see more days like today in our near future. The weather was so nice and spring-like. No jackets needed. The winter had been long & cold, so I am looking forward to warmer days ahead.

Treasures:

*Warmer weather
*A wonderful day on the ice with so many great kids
*An end to another Saturday skating season - as much as I love it, I look forward to the break
*The smiles on my boys faces upon my arrival home tonight

1 comments:

Save Me A Seat said...

Hey Kate,
Sounds like such a precious moment. Something tells me that you'll remember it forever. CC