CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March is almost over & I'm finally writing again

I'm back. So now that my friend has started her own blog after reading some of mine, it encouraged me to pick up where I left off. I've been meaning to keep it up, our lives have just been a little too full lately.


The boys are getting so big. Connor is talking up a storm, always surprising me with what he can say and how much he comprehends. Christian has been trying to be an even better big brother....we're working on it. I had the boys at a playground this past Sunday and it was super fun for me to watch them up high on a structure together for about an hour. They'd go up, they'd come down. The great part is that while they were high in the air above me, Christian was Connor's doting brother, making sure that he wasn't afraid, going down the slides together, always on the lookout for his little brother. That was sure nice to see since typically I hear a lot of fussing and crying at home - disagreements about toys, wanting to play together so badly, just who knew sharing could be so difficult??? I just can't wait for the weather to be nice all of the time so that we can be outdoors more instead of being cooped up in the house.

Right now I am in a cast on my right arm. I took a few falls skating and it resulted in multiple fractures in my wrist. I'm on the mend and will be visiting the Dr. again next week so I'm a little anxious to see how the healing is coming along. With any luck the cast will come off for good. As much as my wrist feels better being immobile, it is a bit of a pain and it's slowing me down. However, I want my bones to heal correctly, so I'll take whatever he tells me.

Last week with St. Patricks day and all, we had tickets for the Saw Doctors. It was such a fantastic show, perhaps the best yet, and I've seen them 15-18 times over the past 15 years. My parents came with us and we met up with Michelle and Ken and their group. I can't remember the last time that I had so much fun. Michelle and I realized the next day that we're not 20 somethings anymore. Not fun. Highlight of the evening is when my Dad and Guy walked in 10 minutes after my mom and I did. I looked over at them and realized that they were having a converation with Leo Moran, the lead guitarist. I headed their way, but by the time I got there, he had already moved on, heading back stage. For a few seconds I had the thought to be a groupie and have him sign my cast.....it didn't happen.

I also had another big change in my life last week. I visited my hair stylest and changed my very blonde hair to a deep brown with reddish highlights. It is quite different and I love it. People that I know keep giving me shocked looks....amazed that I'd be brave enough to try such bold changes....but, I'm all about changing it up. This is closer to my real hair color than I've had it in years. Christian loves it because he says it's dark like his. Connor keeps asking me where my blonde hair went and tells me that he likes that better.

The weather warmed up today so we were outside for a few hours until bath time tonight. The kids were filthy. They play hard. They are boys.

My skating is winding down for the season and I will miss all of the girls that I teach on a regular basis. I so completely enjoy teaching, it would leave a big void in my life if I wasn't on the ice. I hope to get the boys on the ice at least one more time before the nearby rinks close.


Christian 5 1/2, Connor 3

0 comments: