CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Trains, Trains, Trains

We love trains. Well, at least the boys do, so we spent our day revolving our activities around them. The boys woke up rather early, but kept themselves amused for a bit before we had to drag our heads from our pillows. Have I ever mentioned how much I love sleeping? If you know me well, you know that :-)


We drove to Brookline and took the green line into Gov. Center. As if one trolly ride isn't enough, we switched to the blue line and took that to the airport. Let me mention, the airport stop on the blue line is only a stop. From there you have to take a bus over to the airport. The boys were in their heaven! Once at the airport, we walked around, went on a parking garage rooftop to look at the planes and eventually got back on a bus to ride the blue line again back to downtown. We stopped at the aquarium to look at the seals outside, walked down to the harbor and overall just had a completely enjoyable time. Did I mention how wonderful the weather was? It felt like a perfect fall day.

At one point we stopped and enjoyed a few moments at the new green space between Faneuil Hall and the Harbor. They have a new fountain that is fun to watch. Water spouts out of about 50 different holes, dances around for timed intervals. In between, various crowd thrill seekers attempt to run thru the fountain and try to avoid getting wet. The rest of the crowd watches, claps and 'ooh's and awe's.' We watched for about 15 minutes. It's quite relaxing. Connor, being Connor, suddenly decided to be like much of the crowd around him, and when his opportunity arose, he ran full speed ahead into the fountain - even though Guy was right with him. I happened to catch a good photo of Guy sprinting after him and catching him. I was just glad it wasn't me doing the chase :-)

Christian and I skated again yesterday and he's really getting it. I love that the boys are old enough now that we can go to the rink together whenever and just have family time doing something we all like.

Friday night was especially wonderful. One of my cousins got married this past August in B.C. Her Mom had a post-nuptial party for her and her husband in Worcester and reunited many family members on my fathers side that I haven't seen in so long. So long that I cannot actually be sure when the last time was. Anyhow, it ended up being loads of fun and it was great to see everyone and I think that most of my cousins felt the same way. Now, the harder part will to try and do it again or at least try and keep better contact.


Treasures:

*Seeing the world thru the boys eyes on the trains today. Pure amazement.

*The wonderful fall weather we've been having.

*Watching the playful harbor seals & seeing the how amused the boys were.
*It's a long weekend.....yea.


Christian and Daddy Observing A Train On The Blue Line

Connor and Daddy Watching The Fountain


Connor's Escape: Pretty Fast, But Daddy Is Faster

Taking A Stroll On The Faneuil Hall Cobblestones


The Boys and I @ The Harbor


The Skyline From Terminal B's Roof


The Boys & The Harbor Seals

Christian Taking Connor For A Ride

A Few Random Pictures From The Party Friday Night:











0 comments: