CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Connor's got a 'big boy' bed

I decided to bite the bullet today and just disassemble the crib and pull out the toddler bed for Connor. He slept thru the night fine last night, but climbed out again this morning. I figure that sooner or later he's got to learn, so there's no better time like the moment to give him a real bed.

Bedtime tonight proved a little tricky. Connor cried, which is a bit unusual. I put Christian to bed, at which point Connor decided it was a good time to bolt from his room. I intercepted him mid-run. He was basically going every which way to get away from me. I put him back in his bed, finished with Christian and then had to tend to Connor again. I found him in his bed, crying with his 'new' (Christian's old) sneakers in his hands. Now that he can come and go freely, he chose to get out and get the shoes he'd like to wear to bed himself. He's probably wanted to do that for the last year, but hasn't been able to - he loves shoes like I do. So, I put them on him, then took him to Christian's room to show him that Christian was in bed trying to sleep too. That seemed to settle him. I put him down again and this time he stayed. Wish me luck thru the night. It could be interesting!

Today Guy took my car to work so that he could bring it to Mike @ night and have him replace the tires. That meant that we stayed home all day long. I guess it was the perfect day for that since it was quite stormy on and off all day. It felt a bit like winter or early spring. We did venture out a few times to play in puddles, but each time the horn on the golf course went off,warning of lightning strikes. I was able to get a lot of indoor projects done, so at least it was productive.


Here is how I found Connor right after he fell asleep.

I removed the Puppies, but notice the shoes


Here's Chrisitan getting his Zsssss

A pic from Connor over the weekend

Treasures:

*The boys were much happier over all today, they played well and less intervening on my part.

0 comments: