CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's almost August

What a week. Since my last post, we've been on the run. We were at the Cape again last week for a few days and the weather was great. We took a ride on the Cape Cod Railway on Friday which ended up being a fun trip. We boarded in Hyannis and had a 2 hour round trip up to the Sagamore Bridge in Bourne. The boys absolutely loved it.....though I think that the last 1/2 hour or so felt a bit long. We learned some history that we didn't know and even learned the correct whistle a train makes when approaching crossings. Christian has since brought his own train whistle to the train at the playground at the beach and is able to make the same sounds.

Connor has been quite a handful the past few days. I can pretty much sum him up by saying that most things that he's not suppose to be doing or touching, he is. I think it all started with the crib/bed change last week. I am hoping that the old, mellow, follow the rules Connor returns to me soon because man, I'm feeling tired.

Around the homestead, we're just getting ready for the party this weekend. We're looking forward to seeing all the family and John and Julie and the kids!

Connor and Christian waving goodbye to Daddy.

Christian is teaching Connor to wave the right way.

Christian riding his new 'Motorbike' on the Cape

The Cape Cod Railway

Christian and Grampy

Group Photo

Grammy and Grampy

Connor and his Mammy

Grampy and Connor

Christian conducting the train at the beach, whistle in hand

I think this is one of my favorite pictures yet.

I can just imagine all of them out for a drive in another decade or so.

Treasures:

*All of the wonderful weather we've been having.

*A trip out to the hair salon.

*Seeing all of the mischievous things that Connor has been up to. Though it's a little crazy now, I know that I will think back to all of them someday when he's older and smile.

*Listening to all of the things that Christian talks about - he is learning so much.

0 comments: